We are taking every precaution necessary and have worked diligently to offer the safest experience for our guests and our associates. In response to COVID-19 we have made many adjustments to our farm and pick your own this year. Listed below are just some of the steps we are taking:
- Volunteers will wear face masks for their entire shift other than breaks.
- Anyone handling food; including pre-packaged; will wear gloves and masks.
- All volunteers will be screened upon coming to work for COVID-19 symptoms and anyone showing signs of infection will be sent home immediately for the proper quarantine time.
- Signage will be placed at the entrance and around the entire farm to help remind guests to social distance and to wear a mask when necessary and possible.
- A Hand washing station will be placed on the farm.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations placed in numerous spots around the farm; including high traffic areas; for easy access for our guests.
- At least one volunteer will be dedicated to cleaning, wiping and maintaining cleanliness standards for all open hours. A detailed cleaning, wiping and sanitizing list will be given to this volunteer.
- Anyone entering the kid’s activity zone will be required to wear a face mask.
- We have re-evaluated our kids’ activity zone and have worked diligently to limit high touch surfaces and make everything as hands-off as possible.
- All check outs and activities will be outside and we have added extra check out areas.
- Contact-less card readers will be used.
- Extra thought has been given to the farm layout. We have spread out and separated the activity zone, food truck area, and checkouts to encourage social distancing.
- Any picnic tables or seating areas will be separated by at least a 6ft distance.
- All Illinois and Region 4 rules and guidelines are being monitored closely and we are giving our best effort to follow all mandates as closely as possible.
Please follow our FaceBook page for more information. Our pick-your-own pumpkin patch and nursery will remain open. However; the on farm activities may have to be adjusted due to state regulations. We welcome everyone to come and enjoy a great day with us.
Although we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe by visiting our farm, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Heritage Farm & Fruit Trees, llc.; or any of their owners, employees, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.